• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Downloads - February 2010

TheUnknownForce said:
Oh, and to top it off, this game was originally called Warmen and it was released on IPhone. So, I'd say wait for reviews or more impressions to get into it.
The reviews in the app store are favorable towards it...

blu

Wants the largest console games publisher to avoid Nintendo's platforms.
Stumpokapow said:
If you buy her her own DSi, you'll have to buy Dark Void Zero again because of the chump account management system Nintendo has going on.
it's not the 5 bucks for DVZ that concern me in this case. she's been quite content with her ds lite and ipod. until now. *sigh*

zigg said:
Screens:

f3ys8j.jpg
nmc41d.jpg
2cs6jye.jpg

Might get this one for my business trip tomorrow.
It's great, you should! I'm about halfway, it's completely addicting and charming. Plus, 50 stages for 2 dollars is a good deal in my opinion.

Something really satisfying about perfecting a stage and seeing that giant SPOTTO! logo come up each time you destroy a ghost.

Mafro

rpmurphy said:
Do new DSi's still have that free 1000 points thing going on?

I bought one last week (I'm in the UK) and they do. The points are automatically added to your account when you enter the DSi shopping channel for the first time. I'm sure the offer ends on the 31st of March or something like that, though.

MoxManiac

You know, I wonder, does the S&K download have all the data for the 3 other sonic games and just checks the system to see if you own them? Or does it actually have the system load the other game from the wii memory/sd card? I never bothered to check sizes.

sfog

MoxManiac said:
You know, I wonder, does the S&K download have all the data for the 3 other sonic games and just checks the system to see if you own them? Or does it actually have the system load the other game from the wii memory/sd card? I never bothered to check sizes.

I don't plan to buy S&K, but it's 54 blocks, which is notably larger than any other VC Genesis title, so there's obviously some extra data in there. For comparison, the only games even over 40 are Phantasy Star IV (42) and Sonic 3D Blast (45).

GeekyDad

Hero of Legend said:
Any brave people try out WarMen Tactics yet?

Playing it for review...

I won't go so far as to say it hits a new level of "bad," but damn, does it make a valiant effort to do so. It' really, really poorly hobbled together. I would not recommend this game to anyone. Sometimes I like "bad" games because there's comical value in just how bad they are, but at 800 Wii Points, no...just no.

blu

Wants the largest console games publisher to avoid Nintendo's platforms.
anybody tried out the shin'en piece yet?

GeekyDad said:
Playing it for review...

I won't go so far as to say it hits a new level of "bad," but damn, does it make a valiant effort to do so. It' really, really poorly hobbled together. I would not recommend this game to anyone. Sometimes I like "bad" games because there's comical value in just how bad they are, but at 800 Wii Points, no...just no.

Ruh roh. Can't wait to read the review, do you work for a website?

Dragmire

Got Spotto just because of my Intelligent Systems whoreism. It's not blindly original, but it's tightly designed and charming. I think it's a good value.

Also got Link n' Launch, which is unique if nothing else. Need to give it more time to see how I feel about it. And with the points left I got Army Defender (Defend Your Castle type game) and it's nice if you like that game but it's even more barebones (no upgrading your base). I don't think I'll play it too much.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Pretty much the same as the first port! No graphical changes.

I wonder if they fixed the accidental mistaken pronoun, not that it is that crucial.

There is also a very intentional mistaken pronoun in the same game

Has anyone gotten Scrabble? I'm curious as to what exactly is included and how it differs from the retail game. Does it still have single player play against the AI gameplay mode, and pass-the-DS multiplayer? If so, I'll get it. I bought the cart for my mom for xmas, and we played it lots.

Prehistorik Man also intigues me......I heard there was a gba version as well as a SNES one......I'm assuming this version is based on the gba one?

botticus

So I'm watching the Olympics and they tell me that Japanese figure skater Nobunari Oda is the 17th descendant of Oda Nobunaga, the historical figure upon which Nobunaga's Ambition "for the Super Nintendo" is based... and then I find out that the game is actually on the NA Virtual Console!

Point: is it any good?

botticus said:
So I'm watching the Olympics and they tell me that Japanese figure skater Nobunari Oda is the 17th descendant of Oda Nobunaga, the historical figure upon which Nobunaga's Ambition "for the Super Nintendo" is based... and then I find out that the game is actually on the NA Virtual Console!

Point: is it any good?

If you like Koei's 16-bit era strategy games, then it's good. That's a big if, though.

jgkspsx

Finished Number Battle campaign mode tonight. Still need to gold everything, which there's a good chance I won't do... but then I might, eventually. It's the most satisfying of the recent puzzle-fusion games save Trajectile.

There are all kinds of possible strategies and scoring gambits, and the feeling of nuking your opponents by double the required score is excellent. (I scored 1200 out of 800 on the final battle while my opponents were still scraping 300! I'm still chuffed about that.) I'm kind of glad they didn't release the full original DS game (Suujin Taisen), though, because then I'd have to play more.

There's a full wifi mode! But nobody is playing two-player.

Make sure you finish the beginner puzzles before you get too far into the game - you unlock an item that's fairly essential that way.

Has anybody finished the advanced puzzles? 2 & 3 were easy, but I can't seem to make the rest of the first rank work. I've gotten to around 460 pts on puzzle 1, but can't get to 500. Just knowing what the last piece is would help...

I just archived Link'n'Launch, mostly because the time it occupied didn't match my pleasure. I guess if you got good it might be more fun, but I just didn't seem to be getting better. Wonderful fit and finish and all, but it just wasn't doing it for me.

sfog

Figured this was coming eventually...

ESRB update:

Mega Man 4

Platform: Wii

Rating: Everyone

Content descriptors: Mild Cartoon Violence

Rating summary:
This is an action-platformer game in which players control a small figure that shoots and jumps its way through sci-fi environments. Players can use an arm cannon to shoot tiny pellets at enemy creatures (e.g., robotic hippos, caterpillars, and spaceships); effects include small white bursts and brief explosion sounds.

Capndrake

Tonight's EU update:

DSiWare:
-Downtown Texas Hold'em (EA, 500 points)
-Flight Control (Firemint, 500 points)
-Flips: Terror in Cubicle Four (EA, 500 points)
-Puzzle to Go Wildlife (Tivola Publishing, 500 points)

WiiWare:
-Brain Cadets (Rising Star Games, 1000 points)
-Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Justice For All (Capcom, 1000 points)

No VC again, sigh.

Somnid

sfog said:
Figured this was coming eventually...

ESRB update:

Mega Man 4

Platform: Wii

Rating: Everyone

Content descriptors: Mild Cartoon Violence

Rating summary:
This is an action-platformer game in which players control a small figure that shoots and jumps its way through sci-fi environments. Players can use an arm cannon to shoot tiny pellets at enemy creatures (e.g., robotic hippos, caterpillars, and spaceships); effects include small white bursts and brief explosion sounds.

It should be coming next week as a matter of fact. That's the only time to release it before MM10 hits.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
They could release MM4 same day as MM10.

So you get a good MM game with a bad MM game. :lol

No, it's probably coming up on Monday.

Capndrake said:
WiiWare:
-Brain Cadets (Rising Star Games, 1000 points)
That is just insane. It is almost like they are willingly sending it out to die (well at least it isn't against Excitebike now). The US release cost 800 points, was ages ago (June?) and it didn't get strong reviews (lioke most WiiWare it didn't get many reviews period).

upandaway

I want some new stuff. I had so much fun trying out awesome NES platformers.

Guess I'm stuck in the indie scene for another week (the problem is I don't have a USB controller.. if I did I would play the hell out of Cave Story right now). At least I know two Blaster Master games will come out someday.

MoxManiac

Man God said:
They could release MM4 same day as MM10.

So you get a good MM game with a bad MM game. :lol

No, it's probably coming up on Monday.

Already calling MM10 a bad game I see! ;p

MM4 is awesome

Somnid

Japan's final VC game of the month filled in today. It'll be Crazy Climber for the arcade, published by some company called Hamster.

Somnid

Full Japanese Lineup for week of 2/21/2010:

VC:
Crazy Climber (ARC, 800, Hamster)

WiiWare:
Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney: Trials and Tribulations (1200, Capcom)
Fantasic Cube (800, Zoom)

DSiWare:
at Kanjijukugo Game: Kanjukuken Kanshuu (200, Tasuke)
Hachi-One Diver DS: Naruzou-kun Hasami Shougi (200, Silver Star Japan)
San-pun Tenkatouitsu: Nishigashi Nihon Sengoku Quiz Hen (500 GAE)
San-pun Tenkatouitsu: Higashi Nihon Sengoku Quiz Hen (500 GAE)
Aqarium with Clock (500, LukPlus)
Idol Nights (800, Gameloft)
Ima wa Nan-nichi? Hyakka: Hyakka Jiten My-Pedia yori (800 IE Institute)
Pocket Rurubu: Ogasawara/Hakone (800, Nintendo)
Pocket Rurubu: Shinshuu (800, Nintendo)

gogojira

Putting $10 on my Wii today, any recommendations? I've got most of what I'd call must haves, but there's still quite a few titles I need to get around to.

I was mostly looking at one of the Art Style games (I have none on my Wii) or maybe just spending the points on Pulseman. I'm really leaning towards Pulseman, the game just looks great.

Any opinions?

Mafro

gogojira said:
Putting $10 on my Wii today, any recommendations? I've got most of what I'd call must haves, but there's still quite a few titles I need to get around to.

I was mostly looking at one of the Art Style games (I have none on my Wii) or maybe just spending the points on Pulseman. I'm really leaning towards Pulseman, the game just looks great.

Any opinions?

Go for Art Style: Orbient, it's brilliant.

AdroitOne

Neo Member
gogojira said:

Any opinions?

I say Pulseman due to the fact that it could last you a longer time. The Art Style games are awesome though :D.

gogojira

Still at a loss on what to do, but I appreciate the split votes (all two of 'em :p) for Art Style and Pulseman. I was also looking at Art of Balance, anyone play that yet? Nintendo Life put up a rather glowing review of it and it does look quite nice.

I'm a little strapped for cash or I'd put up $20, I hate that none of these leave me with enough for a NES game. :(

upandaway

I played Pulseman on a friend's Wii and it didn't look that hot. And I didn't like Orbient either, but Cubello (Art Style) was really really really fun.

gogojira

A Twisty Fluken said:
Orbient and Cubello are very simply must haves, particularly at $5 a piece.

If only they were. Nintendo put 'em at $6 meaning I'd have to get 2000 points to get both -- I just love stupid point systems.

I think I'm going Orbient this time, I'll look for Pulseman in the future. Thanks for the help.

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
Dark Void Zero is March 5th in Europe, and Australia too most likely because it got OFLC'd.

Quite weird Nintendo Channel in Europe is/was saying Castlevania The Adventure Rebirth for next Friday. We know from about a month ago that Bit Trip void is out then. According to NoEs website we have the following WiiWare for next Friday:

Dracula - Undead Awakening (this is also listed for DSiWare, it has Wi-Fi support and looks like a top-down shooter...this new?)
Reel Fishing® Challenge

I now have to scream...what is going on? Either that or 4 WiiWare in one week; two of which are long overdue?

Mafro

Starwolf_UK said:
Quite weird Nintendo Channel in Europe is/was saying Castlevania The Adventure Rebirth for next Friday. We know from about a month ago that Bit Trip void is out then. According to NoEs website we have the following WiiWare for next Friday:

Dracula - Undead Awakening (this is also listed for DSiWare, it has Wi-Fi support and looks like a top-down shooter...this new?)
Reel Fishing® Challenge

I now have to scream...what is going on? Either that or 4 WiiWare in one week; two of which are long overdue?

Something as bizarre as this doesn't sound out of the ordinary for NoE.

Top Bottom